Header Ads

 


How to Complete HIT tasks and Get Paid- Crowdsurf Work Transcription Job Review

Hey everyone here's another tutorial on how to become a freelancer and make money online I'm going to give you an in-depth and honest review about how much money you can make and how difficult it is to complete transcription tasks and get paid once you get accepted into crowd-surf I've already done a tutorial  on how to get accepted into the program and have walked you through the application process and I'm going to link you to this tutorial  in the description below my tutorial  so let's get into it I was accepted into the program a few days after applying and I was sent this email which you can see right here accepting me into the program about 6 days after I applied in the email they've given me my login credentials also the platform link to log in where I'll be working along with my username a temporary password and my worker ID they've also given me a link to more training material to walk me through how to use the platform and also a link to all of their guidelines I recommend that you open up both of these into new tabs so you can have them handy to help you as you're transcribing or captioning okay let's start by clicking on the platform link and then login using your given username and your password the first thing I recommend that you do is change your password since they give you one that's basically just your name so it would be really easy for someone to crack into to change your password click on the arrow icon beside your username and then click my profile then scroll down and enter your current password and then your new password twice then click update









now let's go over to the side menu on the left and select qualifications and you'll see which qualifications you have based on your transcription test results you'll see I'm qualified to work on review and edit transcription tasks with a score of nine hundred and fifty and qualified to work on transcription tasks with a score of a thousand now let's click on tasks from the side menu here you'll see the different task categories that are available the first is to transcribe up to 35 seconds of general content to text and you can earn up to 19 cents per hit and this stands for human intelligence task which is basically a transcription task usually there's a second category underneath to transcribe up to 35 seconds of media to text earning up to 17 cents per hit and this is often with a media clip which might be more entertaining but currently there's none of these tasks available today on the right under each task category you can see how many tasks are available and you'll see here we have a few thousand tasks available so there's plenty of work to do if you click on these task categories you'll see the qualifications required and both require a qualification score of over 900 to perform these tasks so now let's click on View to get started and make some money you'll see that it will give you a preview of the tasks you can complete some are audio only and others have a media or visual clip that you're transcribing you'll see how long the task is how many seconds and also what the task reward is so how much money you'll make by transcribing it now I want to make it very clear that this is not good money this isn't going to pay the bills if you live in a western country but if you're looking for some pocket money or you're from a country where the cost of living is lower this might be a good option for you but from reviews people say it's hard to even make about five dollars an hour which is far below minimum wage in most Western countries anyways you can click the green play button to preview the audio file before you accept it and there's also buttons to go back listen again or to speed up the audio if you click on help you'll see there are our list of hotkeys you can use to help











you speed up the transcribing process for example to go back for seconds you can press and hold ctrl + backspace to play or pause press and hold ctrl + space if you're used to certain hotkey combinations when transcribing you can edit these by clicking on the edit button and press the combination of keys you want for this hotkey which is a really cool feature so if you decide this is a doable task for you and you understand what they're saying just click accept if you think the audio is too difficult to transcribe click skip to view the next task I also want to note that usually the files are really hard to hear if you're playing them from your computer or your laptop speaker you'll almost always need to have some decent quality headphones or earphones plugged in so you can really turn up the volume to hear what the speaker is saying in the description below my tutorial  I've linked some budget friendly and affordable headphones you can find on Amazon and I recommend these for this type of work so I've just clicked except for this task and you'll see that I have 15 minutes to complete it I'll start by listening again to the audio and begin transcribing when you're done just click Submit they'll ask you if you're sure you want to submit and give you a chance to report any problem that you have with this task then click OK after this it will take you to your next task and basically you can do as many as you like and work as much as you want once you've completed a task you can check on this status by going back to the side bar and clicking on dashboard here under transcription you'll see I have one that's pending approval you'll see the length of the task and you'll only see the payment amount once it's been approved if you click the arrow beside hits worked you can view your history of hits worked I'm going to select last week to show you a task I did to test out the platform you'll










see I completed a task that was approved and I was graded a four with four being a perfect score now what's good about this system is that they'll let you know what you have done incorrectly if you don't get a perfect score for example I did one task a few weeks back and received a score of three point six five because I forgot to write blank audio when there was no speech during a section for over two seconds all of these rules are available to you under the general guidelines if you go back to your hit feedback it'll also tell you where the reviewer marked you with any errors then you'll see the payment for each hit under total payment and then the total of all the hits completed at the bottom I want to emphasize that this is not good money it's probably the lowest you can make as a transcriber but it is a good way to get practice as a transcriptionist and if you're looking for an extra fifty dollars a week for example I think you could manage this as a part-time job to supplement your income now let's click on payment summary and you'll see that our payment location is through work market I encourage you to read my tutorial  on how to sign up to crowd-surf to understand how the platform works but basically you'll be creating an account through work market to apply to crowd-surf and payment is made through work market so let's go back over to work market and login then we'll go over to the payment center and click on view payments and invoices and you'll see that I have 56 cents waiting to withdraw I can click on withdraw funds but in order to withdraw them you'll have to add your tax information according to your country by clicking on add your tax information here and this will be shown if you haven't yet added this information once this has been added you just need to click on withdraw funds then it will state that funds earned on the work market platform are available for withdrawal via electronic transfer to your bank account PayPal account or WM Visa card requests received by 4:00 p.m.










Eastern will be processed the same business day it may take 2 to 3 business days to complete the transfer depending on your bank's policies and holiday schedule then go to transfer to and select add a financial account select your method whether that be bank account or PayPal then just add in your relevant information before withdrawing I want to note that there's a PayPal fee of $1 to transfer money into your account so obviously you'd want to wait until you make over $50 or even $100 to do this transfer so you're not losing money each time you withdraw funds to your account if you choose to get paid directly into your bank account there's also a fee depending on which country you're from although it's important to note that direct deposit into your bank isn't available to all countries you'll see the list of countries here the fee generally ranges from 90 cents to two dollars for most countries but a few countries can even go as high as five dollars and 95 cents if you're from one of those countries so really PayPal seems to be the best bet as it is one dollar regardless of your country of origin









so that is pretty much the extent of my tutorial my overall thoughts are that this is a platform to transcribe work that's great for beginners learning to transcribe for people who are desperate to make a few extra dollars or people who just love typing and transcribing the pay is very low but there is plenty of work and if you're committed to making ten dollars a day you'd get an extra 70 dollars a week although it will take you several hours to make that ten dollars so that's something to keep in mind I hope this tutorial  has helped you give some insight into how the plan formworks and if you have any questions please just write in the comments I don't respond to emails based on the volume I receive I just don't have the time so write me a comment below and I'll respond publicly to help share this knowledge with everyone listening and reading I hope you enjoy this tutorial  and follow to





My website for more tutorial s on how to make money online thanks for reading.





No comments